Today is my 28th birthday. I started this blog the April after I turned 21….hard to believe so much has happened since then. I like the idea of having a list of things to try and achieve before I turn 30. Some of these things have been on my to-do list for awhile or things we were already planning to do but it was nice to write them down and think about some other things I want to achieve. A couple of years ago I did 101 things in 1001 days- I didn`t cross everything off my list but I did do a lot of things and think I completed something like 93% of the things listed. I thought about doing 101 things again but felt 30 things over a 2 year period would be fun!
I was going to separate them into categories but instead this is how I wrote them down in my journal.
1. Read 50 books (obviously not including children`s books)
2. Commit to exercising 5 x a week for one month.
3. Spend a Christmas in Australia with the boys.
4. Go on a family holiday (2 nights or more somewhere that is NOT Brisbane)
5. Take the kids to Disneyland or Disneysea again.
6. Write a will (Need to figure out the legalities with this in Japan)
7. Make photo books for 2013 & 2014 (Did our first one for 2012, love it!) and finish Shion`s 1 year scrapbook.
8. Have some (professional) family photos taken
9. Enroll and settle kids into kindergarten April 2014.
10. Make a playlist with a hit song from 1985 til now
11. Try 20 new recipes.
12. Put up a photo wall in our house (put other photos and paintings up to that are still in our spare room since we moved here!)
13. Complete 30 hours of Japanese study (My kanji is atrocious)
14. Go somewhere in Japan I have never been before.
15. Have a full health check and find a gyno in my area.
16. Try skiing again
17. Apply for and hopefully receive my permanent residency.
18. Teach Noah & Shion to read
19. Go to all night karaoke.
20. Learn a new skill
21. Buy new boots
22. Do one 30 days project (or some kind of online course)
23. Have a daily dance party with the kids everyday for a month
24. Go one week without wearing any denim (seriously…in winter I live in jeans and in summer I live in denim skirts)
25. Do something drastic with my hair. I am thinking to grow it a little then get it permed!
26. Get rid of 30 or more personal items (can be clothes, shoes, books etc. Can`t be children`s clothes or toys)
27. Knit something.
28. Volunteer for something (maybe an AFWJ position)
I have left a couple things open- still thinking of ideas and what I really want to do in the next two years. Lots of other possible ideas jotted down including: I would love to go to Singapore to visit my friend Catherine while she lives here but know it might be financially impossible. Dropping a bad habit, run 5km without stopping, fit into size 10 jeans, get a manicure/pedicure, do a random act of kindness, go 1 month without raising my voice at the kids, have a romantic weekend away just with Shun….
What would be on your list?
Popularity: 8% [?]