Because I have absolutely nothing else to report. Happy Easter though!! This was taken today behind our house- cherry blossoms are starting to fall from the branches and soon these trees will be covered in green leaves! Despite the warmer weather last week it was freezing yesterday and today hence the jackets!
1. Read 50 books (obviously not including children`s books) – Have read 3/50 (March 2013)
2. Commit to exercising 5 x a week for one month. – I did this in March. Mostly it was longer walks pushing the buggy but I also did some hooping, yoga and tried “cowboy dance” from a Japanese fitness dvd. The boys joined me in that one! Probably would of lost weight if I hadn`t eaten all that Easter chocolate! (March 2013)
3. Spend a Christmas in Australia with the boys.
4. Go on a family holiday (2 nights or more somewhere that is NOT Brisbane)
5. Take the kids to Disneyland or Disneysea again.
6. Write a will (Need to figure out the legalities with this in Japan)
7. Make photo books for 2013 & 2014 (Did our first one for 2012, love it!) and finish Shion`s 1 year scrapbook.
8. Have some (professional) family photos taken
9. Enroll and settle kids into kindergarten April 2014.
10. Make a playlist with a hit song from 1985 til now – Done. Fun to listen to! Random trivia- hit song from 1985, the year I was born, “Money for nothing” by Dire Straits. (March 2013)
11. Try 20 new recipes. – Done- I figured I should try and cross the easy things off the list first and had wanted to add some new recipes to our menu. I would say the mushroom ankake recipe for salmon off a Japanaese cooking facebook group I belong to was the biggest hit!! Especially with Shion who loves all types of mushrooms especially shimeji and maitake! Personally I liked the tuna potato cakes! (March 2013)
12. Put up a photo wall in our house (put other photos and paintings up to that are still in our spare room since we moved here!)
13. Complete 30 hours of Japanese study (My kanji is atrocious)
14. Go somewhere in Japan I have never been before.
15. Have a full health check and find a gyno in my area.
16. Try skiing again
17. Apply for and hopefully receive my permanent residency. -Applied March 19th 2013.
18. Teach Noah & Shion to read
19. Go to all night karaoke.
20. Learn a new skill
21. Buy new boots
22. Do one 30 days project (or some kind of online course) – Signed up for two different projects in April 2013!
23. Have a daily dance party with the kids everyday for a month – Attempted this in March but only succeeded in doing it about 2/3 of the time! So have to try another month.
24. Go one week without wearing any denim (seriously…in winter I live in jeans and in summer I live in denim skirts)
25. Do something drastic with my hair. I am thinking to grow it a little then get it permed!
26. Get rid of 30 or more personal items (can be clothes, shoes, books etc. Can`t be children`s clothes or toys) – March 2013 got rid of 4-5 personal things plus a ton of baby stuff.
27. Knit something.
28. Volunteer for something (maybe an AFWJ position) – I volunteered to help out with the AFWJ journal name checking. I might do something else before I turn 30 but this is a start! (March 2013)
So 4/30 completed and others started as of end of March 2013.
Popularity: 3% [?]